Senior elearning designer and developer at Waitemata District Health Board (2013-2016).
First, some bragging:
Platinum LearnX Award 2015 for Rapid Authoring
Fire awareness training: scenariobased course focusing on actions to take when fire or smoke is detected, dependent on role and situation.
Our Learning Technologies team brought in a tsunami of changes:
- scenario-based elearning design derived from Cathy Moore’s action mapping
- a process of agile elearning development reducing turnaround time for projects to 12-15 weeks
- intense collaborative working processes
- move towards a collective learning management system shared by a large number of DHB’s
- integrated learning experience on Totara course pages.
Other courses developed:
– Privacy: course where we heightened the awareness of the learner about patient privacy issues by placing them in the breach situations directly, using their login to retrieve name.
– Infection control: 5 module scenariobased and gamified course, where the learner needs to solve situations helped by an extensive virtual tablet on the side providing just-in-time information
– Occupational Health and Safety: scenariobased course guided by a comic cartoon superheroine coming in to help the learner solve situations in a gamified hospital environment
– Acute Care training – elearning as part of blended learning approach. Learner applies the ABCDE principle in acute situations, to prepare for extensive simulation training in classroom
– ECG 12 lead training
– Mental Health Information for families
–Nursing Code of Conduct