As a freelance instructional designer and e-learning developer (custom Flash and Captivate – 2007 – 2009) I assisted ADHB in creating engaging online learning for nurses and small online tools, working together with nurse educators.
In several cases, this assisted a ‘flipped classroom’ approach: nurses would study equipment and procedures online before a workshop, saving precious time for practice and procedures. The material were created as custom Flash or Captivate courses and animations. This included integration of audio, video and the creation of xml-based templates for easy reuse of learning formats.
Currently I work as an e-learning instructional designer for the largest DHB in New Zealand, working in Totara, Articulate Storyline and Branchtrack.
- Cannulation (identifying equipment/understanding procedures)
- Tracheostomy (identify equipment / load trolley)
- Sleeping index (self tests for doctors)
- Brachial ankle index (instruction course / custom calculator)
- Emergency staffing calculator
- Medtronic pacemaker manual
- Cardiac rythm identification